- Version: 1.0
- Review due: January 2019
This module is designed to provide all health professionals with the knowledge and skills to provide best practice treatment and support for people affected by lung cancer.
This module describes the pathophysiology of lung cancer, and presents health and support needs, treatment approaches and principles of care for people with lung cancer.
- Why is the module important for health professionals?
- Best practice management of lung cancer in Australia
- Understanding lung cancer
- The patient experience during and after lung cancer treatment
- Supportive Care interventions for people affected by lung cancer
- Ensuring coordinated care for people with lung cancer
- Early integration of palliative care
This resource was developed by Cancer Australia.
Acknowledgements to Queensland University of Technology, the University of Sydney, and a multidisciplinary group of lung cancer experts for their collaboration in the development of this resource.