- Login required
- Version: 1.0
- Review due: April 2019
This 3-part course supports health professionals to safely administer immunotherapy and care for patients receiving immunotherapy agents in the cancer therapy setting.
This course presents a comprehensive overview of the immune system, cancer and immunity, how immunotherapy works and the clinical management of patients receiving immunotherapy.
The course can be completed as a whole or accessed as individual modules for health professionals with existing experience using immunotherapy drugs in the cancer setting.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Identify the organs and cells of the immune system
- Differentiate between the innate and adaptive immune systems
- Describe the role of the human immune system in the detection and elimination of tumour cells.
- Explain mechanisms that cancer cells use to evade the immune system
- Describe the role of immunotherapy in the treatment of cancer
By accessing this eLearning, you agree to the eviQ Education Disclaimer and Copyright.