- Version: 1.0
- Review due: April 2019
This 3-part course supports health professionals to safely administer immunotherapy and care for patients receiving immunotherapy agents in the cancer therapy setting.
This course presents a comprehensive overview of the immune system, cancer and immunity, how immunotherapy works and the clinical management of patients receiving immunotherapy.
The course can be completed as a whole or accessed as individual modules for health professionals with existing experience using immunotherapy drugs in the cancer setting.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Identify the organs and cells of the immune system
- Differentiate between the innate and adaptive immune systems
- Describe the role of the human immune system in the detection and elimination of tumour cells.
- Explain mechanisms that cancer cells use to evade the immune system
- Describe the role of immunotherapy in the treatment of cancer
By accessing this eLearning, you agree to the eviQ Education Disclaimer and Copyright.
What do you remember from the immunotherapies course? Take the mini quiz to find out!