Is information collected about your website visit?
When you look at pages on this website, our computers automatically record information that identifies, for each page accessed:
- the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the machine which has accessed it,
- your top-level domain name (for example .com, .gov, .au, .uk etc), the address of your server,
- the date and time of your visit to the site,
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded,
- the name of the file or the words you searched, and
- your name and other registration details (if applicable),
- the previous site visited, and
- the type of browser and operating system you used to access our site.
How do we use the information collected?
The information collected during each visit is aggregated with similar logged information and published in reports in order for the Cancer Institute NSW to identify patterns of usage of the site. This will assist us to improve this website and the eviQ program and is also used for the purposes of the Cancer Institute's functions under the Cancer Institute NSW Act 2003.
The Cancer Institute NSW also creates a de-identified version of this information, with your access to this website identified by the State or region listed in your registration details (and not by your or your hospital's registration details or other personal information).
The Cancer Institute NSW may use this de-identified information for research purposes, and may disclose this de-identified information to third parties, including publication of de-identified information in peer reviewed journals and other publications.
Personal information or information that identifies individual hospitals, machines, or groupings of addresses will not be published or disclosed without your consent, unless such disclosure is required by law.
The Cancer Institute NSW (ABN: 48 538 442 594) makes no representations or warranties in relation to this internet site, including without limitation:
- as to the accuracy or completeness of the information on this website; or
- that this website will be continuously available or free from any delay in operation or transmission, virus, communications failure, internet access difficulties or malfunction in hardware or software; or
- that the Cancer Institute NSW endorses any internet site linked to this website or any third party products or services referred to on this website.
The Cancer Institute NSW is not liable for any loss or damage, howsoever caused (including but not limited to, the negligence of the Cancer Institute NSW) incurred in connection with this website, including but not limited to, as a result of reliance placed upon the information on this website.
If you provide the Cancer Institute NSW with information (such as text, photos or images) when using this website you warrant that you are entitled to provide and license the information and you license the Cancer Institute NSW to use, reproduce, modify and publish the information.
The information on this website is subject to change without notice.